Thursday, December 04, 2008

THE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL


Welp, they clutch at some pretty hip comparisons on their press release, but do Panel Of Judges really sound like their “acknowledged” “Antipodean influences” The Clean, The Go-Betweens and The Chills? Yeah, sure. They’ve got the classic guitar sound, lazily catchy rhythms and driving bass plus a dynamite combination of studied cool and raw nonchalance. It’s pretty relaxxxed and summer-suited, and in fact, it was probably recorded in summer suits (which look like this, if you don’t know FASHION). Let’s hope so, anyway. I’m ready for just about anyone in indie rock to not wear shorts and wayfarers. SHOW HOW MUCH YOU DON’T CARE BY TAKING SOME PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE, FELLAZ. The main thing for me here, though, is that this song really reminds of “Clocks” by Coldplay. WTF? Listen to it and tell me I’m wrong, I DARE YA.



[Panel Of Judges MySpace]

[Buy Bad Vibrations from Mistletone]

No comments: