Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Turn it up, faggot!

Look! Pond - Yard

It's for some reason extremely cold in Sydney even though I'm from New Zealand (where it's WAY COLDER) and I thought I was tougher than that. I'm making the finishing touches on a Look! Pond article between cups of coffee and Assorted Creams biscuits. They are a loud band and probably quite 'volatile' or 'dissonant' or something like that, ppostpostpost-post-punk from the dull streets of Brisbane. I like it.

I still don't have my laptop back and fear that perhaps I have well and truly fallen off the new musical wagon. It was a hard fall; I bumped my head, but I'm looking forward to a full recovery involving too many hours pouring over torrent sites and blogs looking for a new fix of BRAND NEW AND EXCITING music. It's a bummer because I know there's just craploads of good new albums being leaked out there and I feel positively deprived because all I've really had to listen to is REM's first album Murmur and some Brian Eno. I guess that's not so bad. But I want the new Montt Mardie and the new Caribou, Mirah, Spoon, Architecture in Helsinki, Shitt Hottt. And all the other stuff that slips past the radar. Soon, though, my laptop will return home to me and I'll have a brand new external hard drive to fill with music. This last month without laptop has made me realise how throughly obsessed I am with new music and general cultural capital and look at me here now writing this. Oh well. I'll post plenty of new jams up here, okay?

[Look! Pond myspace]

1 comment:

shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.