Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"does that guy ever fucking stop??"

Sunset Rubdown - The Mending of the Gown

I hope not! Spencer Krug that is. We've been a bit quiet here at RQ HQ lately and I'm not going to change that right now seeing I'm coming down with that bug that everyone seems to have at the moment. So here's a new song from the new Sunset Rubdown, Random Spirit Lover. They're going in a 'direction' that I like with this new one. This track in particular is effortlessly epic in their typical style but it seems like they're loosening up a bit and having more fun. It's always been a 'triumphant' sound in typical Canadian style (Montreal is not such a bleak place, apparently, despite those low temperatures) and this seems to build on that even more.

I'm going to post a bumper post about New Zealand music in the next week. I've been on a cultural kick after doing a couple of really interesting interviews with The Mint Chicks and The Brunettes and The Ruby Suns. Hmm!

No comments: