Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BENEATH THIS MASK THERE IS MORE THAN FLESH


I don't want to get into this too much, but for a dude who is basically the sixth Backstreet Boy, Ryan Phillippe sure gets a bunch of serious(ly shit) movies thrown at him. This morning whilst browsing internets I came across details of his new film, Franklyn (which might as well be called Dystopian Movie), which means that I'm bumped back down to zero in my tally of Days Without A Ryan Phillippe Incident. Thanks for nothing, you blonde fuck. In it, he plays a "masked vigilante detective", the only atheist in a dystopian parallel universe called "Meanwhile City" or some shit. Basically it'll be Children Of Men meets V For Vendetta but with Ryan Phillippe. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, my point is that it's probably going to have dudes in fingerless gloves standing around warming their hands on fires in 44 gallon drums. I love that. One of my life goals is to stand on a snowy, dystopian street in a beanie and fingerless gloves and warm my hands over a 44 gallon drum fire. This Hermitude song is making me revise that dream to include getting down at a mutant rave afterwards. I can't really ask for anything more.



[Hermitude MySpace]

[Buy Threads from Inertia]

No comments: