Thursday, March 11, 2010

COROLLA MYST


Yesterday was cool cos I saw that I had an email from the actual Luke Perry in my inbox, then discovered it contained his brand new Grammy-nominated cassette, and then when I got a few tracks in I heard a cover of the 90210 theme song so I was pretty much buzzing out with excitement. Brainwave's Rerun Crunch will be out soon on revered cassette label El Tule and will surely be up in the top tapes of two thousand ten. Seriously impressed with how Luke's Ryan Howe creates such fun hyper-pop hits informed by (channel)-surfing his way through the best and worst parts of commercial televisual memory. Ride yr motorbike like Dylan on phased-out solo-heavy jammer "Street Galaxy", and re-imagine yr fave teen cast with synthetic smiles on the dream theme cover "Brenda-Vision".

[Luke Perry Myspace]

[Buy Brainwave's Rerun Crunch soon from El Tule]

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hell yea amazing tyt!!