Tuesday, May 11, 2010

NIL ADMIRARI



Oneohtrix Point Never - Ouroboros

Been "thrashing" the Way Slower mixes by Daniel Lopatin and feeling generally whet with anticipation re: his new Oneohtrix drop which is finally (almost) here and laced with the same VHS lines as usual with further explorative urges and lone planetscape realizations. (I had a dream the other day that two new issues of The Wire came out; one had the Returnal cover on it and the other had something else but then I woke up and I didn't have any of them at all...). This shortest track from the record would've soundtracked me and my palsz trip to Hartlepool's abandoned magnesium factory or maybe just super super late night . Anyway, pretty fucking beautiful and on that synthetic isolation kick that his naked synths hit so well, current and retroactive at once.

[Oneohtrix Point Never MySpace]

[Buy Returnal from Editions Mego]

No comments: