Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'd never kiss anyone that didn't burn me like the sun

Jens Lekman - If I Could Cry (It Would Feel Like This)

Finally! New Jens Lekman. It's just how you'd expect and exactly as you'd hope, or as I'd hoped, at least. Last year he printed tshirts that simply featured '2006' on the front. After shortly giving up music and working in a bingo hall (a good way to be snapped back into music) 2006 was supposedly his year, and I guess that's when he worked on most of these songs. They're happy, I like his happy moments the best even if the sadder ones are the best to wallow to when yr sad (relishing in sad songs always helps doesn't it), here Jens gets festive (as if he wasn't twee enough already). Apparently there are a few artists in Sweden that are totally appropriating Prince, or taking his influence in an overt way. I'm not saying that Jens Lekman is doing this (far from it) but it's the unabashed sort of pop that seems so very Swedish. Anyway, I'm pretty eager to hear some of this Prince-esque stuff, it shouldn't be too long before it crosses over to the rest of the world given the current Swedish invasion or whatever. Night Falls Over Kortedala really is wonderful. I'm so sorry I couldn't love you enough; what's broken can always be fixed, what's fixed will always be broken, you put yr arms around me; Nina, I can't be yr girlfriend, strings swell, keyboards twinkle, if I could cry (it would feel like this). What a troubadour! My favourite.

2 comments:

RICHARD said...

wow, thats pretty cool. so what do you listen to?

Anonymous said...

People should read this.