Thursday, January 31, 2008

Buenos matrimonios ahí afuera


What the heck? I just got this wacky foreign sounding thing on a whim yesterday and I put and on and got confused. How do I party like El Guincho? Are those screams from the crowd really for him/them? It's some fuzzy rave in a Lion King jungle where Panda Bear takes over the soundsystem. The house band stick around and play a skuzzed and drugged out fiesta, bopping along all moustaches and grins. I think someone put something in the sangria.

Just after hearing this I got a newsletter from Mistletone and it looks like they're releasing El Guincho's album Alegranza. They concisely put this album as being 'like a mixture between Panda Bear's "Person Pitch" and a lost tropicalia record'. Word.

[El Guincho MySpace]

1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

Dang! Sounds awesome, must check it out.