Thursday, March 18, 2010

FLOSS ANGELES


Dale Danja - Lost My Job

Dale Danja - 5-4-3-2-1 (Let's Go)

In the last year or so, Los Angeles independent hip hop has re-invented my swag. I love it's attitude, it's bravado, it's cocksure strut and the willingness of so many of it's practitioners to preach about the happiness in being flat-out broke. I first blawgged about Dale Danja last year when he teamed up with LA cohort, El Prez, for the "Perfect Strangers" mixtape. Brimming with syrupy flows, beats that had me bopping until next Sunday, witty punchlines and a quintessential left coast vibe that seemed to permeate every bar. So I'm super psyched that he continues with that momentum on his solo debut Cheap By Nature. Dropping gem after gem of top down, sunglasses on, purple and yellow hazed-out vibes, he revels in that Cali sun and you can't help but want to be there and to be on that winning team.

[Dale Danja MySpace]

[Cheap By Nature can be downloaded free from here.]

No comments: