Monday, March 17, 2008

KISS ME, UNDER THE MILKY TWILIGHT


It's hard to spot that line between the Tori Amos school of female singer/songwritery sort of stuff and the actual good sort, I mean, I'm partial to the odd spot of Sixpence None The Richer but usually just in the context of a Dawsons Creek episode. I've been listening to this band Swimming a lot and enjoying it immensely probably because they sport that neccesary lo-fi gauze of DIY-ness, there's that musty-clearing-out-the-attic nostalgia that in it's beauty and sensitivity also matches my sissy state of being right now; leaving town for good on Friday (so long, Brisbane), packing boxes, sorting through old things, finding the right soundtrack is equally important, and even if I'm not cranking this Swimming record loud while taping up boxes (Arthur Russell's Calling Out Of Context has been on high rotate for some reason) it sure crafts a nice little nook to wax nostalgic in.

No comments: